How to make healing dandelion tonic, cures a number of illnesses.
Dandelion is one of the oldest known medicinal plants, that has a history of curing everything from fighting inflammation to even killing cancer cells.
Dandelion is known to be one of the most versatile natural plants in terms of harvesting for treatments, as every single part of the plant can be used in some way.
The leaves are traditionally dried and made into a delicious, healing tea, and the stems can also be eaten in a manner of ways from being boiled into a broth to being made into candy!
So what are the main properties of the dandelion plant?
- They are high in calcium which is very important for strong bones, and many people don’t actually get enough calcium
- It is high in vitamin K which is important again for bone but also heart health. It helps your bones and blood to clot better and be stronger, meaning less chance of heart attacks and broken bones
- It has an amazing ability to cleanse the liver – something that needs doing from time to time
- Dandelion tea has been known to help people with diabetes, as it stimulates production of insulin in the pancreas
- It is high in antioxidants, which is essential to help the fight against free radicals – cancer causing atoms
- Dandelion is very high in fiber which means it will help your digestive system and can help you loose weight
But perhaps the most exciting new discover about dandelion is the way it has been shown to help in the fight against cancer. A new study found that dandelion root extract actually inhibits the growth of colorectal cancer cells.
Dandelion syrup recipe
- 400 dandelion flowers
- 4 oranges
- 4 lemons
- 3 liters of water
- Put the dandelion leaves into a pot big enough to hold them and the water and pour the water over the leaves, covering them all completely
- Cut the oranges and lemons into slices and add these to the mixture
- Leave for 24 hours
- Then add two cups of sugar to the pot, and slowly heat the mixture so it is cooking, but not boiling
- The mixture will slowly thicken, and then you can reduce the heat. The mixture will then continue to thicken until it is completely cool
The mixture can be kept in jars and used to treat colds, when you are feeling under the weather or generally as a medicinal tonic to help your health on a daily basis.